OtherWise stimulates critical engagement by questioning the status quo and exploring alternative pathways towards a more environmentally and socially just world. It is about questioning the dominant ways of doing things, giving voice to people on the ground, learning about alternatives, and getting inspired by promising people-driven initiatives. People-driven initiatives by citizens, communities, grassroots organizations and farmers continuously emerge in the face of social and environmental injustice. OtherWise puts these initiatives in the spotlight during our excursions, debates, workshops and lectures, thereby helping to transform towards a more just and balanced society.
OtherWise works with two coordinators, the board of the Foundation, and enthusiastic student-volunteers and project-assistants; each group has a role in fulfilling the organisation’s responsibilities, governance, and learning processes, enabling the foundation to develop constantly higher levels of performance and to keep contributing to a thriving WUR community.
Currently OtherWise is looking for a new coordinator. Together with the board the coordinators create and carry out the yearly workplan. It is a flexible job of 16 hours a week. The position will be for a minimum of 6 month and ideally beginning in September, based at our office in Wageningen.
- You are a Master student or a recent graduate of WUR
- You are passionate about social and environmental justice
- You can work flexible hours but also work at the office on a weekly basis
- You are fluent in English
- You enjoy organizing activities ranging from lectures to excursions
- You are strong and creative in communication
- You can organise yourself and find connections
- You are able to work independently and are a team player
- You are situated/placed in Wageningen for the coming half year
- You are able to maintain the website, publish events and represent OtherWise
- You have experience in funding acquisition and working with illustrator, photoshop..
- A fun and inspiring job!
- An opportunity to expand your network
- A platform to express your values and visions
- The possibility to put your ideas into practice
- An appointment of 16 hours per week with a fee of 13 euros per hour.
Please send a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 12th of June! For more information contact the above mentioned e-mail address.