Passionate about environmental and social issues? Are you a critical thinker and keen facilitator? We are looking for you!
OtherWise stimulates critical engagement by questioning the status quo and exploring alternative pathways towards a more environmentally and socially just world. We question whether the problems our world is facing can be solved with the same kind of thinking which created them. As a critical student organization, OtherWise examines the dominant ways of doing things, gives voice to the unheard and marginalised and finds inspiration in bottom-up initiatives. By facilitating space for dialogue during our events (lectures, courses, excursions, workshops), we foster critical reflection and help the seeds of more hopeful futures sprout.
How we work:
OtherWise works with two coordinators, the board of the Foundation, and enthusiastic student-volunteers and project-assistants. Each group has a role in fulfilling the organisation’s responsibilities, governance, and learning processes, enabling the foundation to continue its long tradition of critical engagement and to keep contributing to a thriving WUR community.
About the vacancy:
Currently OtherWise is looking for a new coordinator. Together with the board, the coordinators create and carry out the yearly workplan. It is a flexible job of 16 hours a week, based at our office in Wageningen. We are looking for someone who would like to take the position for two years. First contract of 6 months will be offered starting September 2020, which is extended if both the board and coordinator feel good about the collaboration. You are also invited and expected to take part in creating the Year Plan in planning sessions in June 2020.
What we offer:
- A fun and inspiring job in a supportive and non-hierarchical collective
- An opportunity to expand your network
- A platform to express your values and visions
- The possibility to put your ideas into practice
- An appointment of 16 hours per week with a fee of 13 euros per hour.
- A master student or a recent graduate of WUR
- Passionate about social and environmental justice
- Can work flexible hours but also work at the office on a weekly basis
- Fluent in English
- Enjoys organizing activities ranging from lectures to excursions
- Strong and creative in communication
- A good networker, ready to represent OtherWise in diverse settings
- Able to organise your work and deal with a dynamic environment
- Able to assume different roles, from working independently through being a team member to supervising volunteers and interns
- Bonus skills: fundraising, graphic design, social media
Send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 11th. Get in touch for more information.