It's that time of the year again! Otherwise is looking for a new coordinator. Are you a recent graduate or Msc student interested in environmental and social issues? Are you a critical thinker and a keen facilitator? In that case this job opportunity might be just the thing for you!
OtherWise stimulates critical engagement by questioning the status quo and exploring alternative pathways towards a more environmentally and socially just world. We believe that the problems our world is facing cannot be solved with the same kind of thinking which created them. As a critical student organization, OtherWise examines the dominant ways of doing things, gives voice to the unheard and marginalised and finds inspiration in bottom-up initiatives. By facilitating space for discussion during our events (lectures, courses, excursions, workshops), we foster critical reflection and help the seeds of more hopefu futures sprout.
OtherWise works with two coordinators, the board of the Foundation, and enthusiastic volunteers and project-assistants. Each group has a role in fulfilling the organisation’s responsibilities, governance, and learning processes, enabling the foundation to continue its long tradition of critical engagement and to keep contributing to a thriving WUR community.
Currently OtherWise is looking for a new coordinator. Together with the board, the
coordinators create and carry out the yearly workplan. It is a flexible job of 16
hours a week, based at our office in Wageningen. The position will be for a minimum of 6 months from September 2019, with an extension to maximum 2
years depending on the evaluation of both parties. You are also expected to
take part in creating the Year Plan in planning sessions in June.
Who are we looking for?
- A Master student or a recent graduate of WUR with an overview of the university and the broader Wageningen community
- Passionate about social and environmental justice
- Can work flexible hours but also work at the office on a weekly basis
- Fluent in English
- Enjoys organizing activities ranging from lectures to excursions
- Strong and creative in communication, a good networker, ready to represent OtherWise in diverse settings
- Able to organise your work and deal with dynamic environment
- Able to assume different roles, from working independently through being a team member to supervising volunteers and interns
- Experience with funding acquisition
- Basic graphic design skills using Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- A fun and inspiring job in an enthusiastic, supportive and non-hierarchical collective
- An opportunity to expand your network
- A platform to express your values and visions
- The possibility to put your ideas into practice
- An appointment of 16 hours per week with a fee of 13 euros per hour.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before May 12th.
The interviews will be held between 27th and 31st of May.
Get in touch for more information.